Monday, August 10, 2009

Seat Covers

I'm completely neurotic, you know that? One upset stomach after dinner and I can convince myself I'm dying. I hear a plane fly overhead and automatically assume it's a nuclear warhead aimed at the house. See a shooting star and start thinking about Armageddon. Plan on failing something before I even start.

At least I know I'm crazy, but it's hard to stop a car once it starts to roll downhill.

A small comfort it is, then, to have distraction, when it so easily leads me to chaos. I am my own greatest downfall--I need no pretty face or well-aimed words to topple me. Shit. I really need to take up Yoga, or maybe get my head on straight...

Focus focus clean
practice practice organize
my plans for the week

Haiku sums it up
in nifty little verses
damn upset stomach

Saw roach in bathroom
slimy and black as it crawls
I wanted my Raid

Cannot lay down now
belly in pinches and knots
Hamburger Helper

I swear off red meat
no longer shall I suffer
gaseous agony

Tired but awake
will try sleeping sitting up
back pressed against wall

damn five seven five
sapping all my energy
try to think clearly

fan is blowing cool
damn light baring down harshly
leg tangled in sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment