Monday, April 19, 2010

Missing Hubcap


This past week taught me more than four semesters of college.

Middle schoolers don't shut up.

Old people don't care if you only had a month to prepare a ridiculously challenging program after a ridiculously difficult opera. They want their performance now and get very angry when they find out the time was changed to a matinée.

Music life after high school requires a legal marriage between yourself and your instrument.

Hitting limits is hard. Breaking them is even harder.

Upping your practice schedule is good. Suddenly doing it is bad.

Procrastination really isn't a good thing.

You should own more than one pair of flip-flops.

Don't borrow an umbrella and lose it.

I lack some very basic human capacities. I bitch a lot. Too much caffeine and I talk faster than Martha. It seems I have a touch of ADD sometimes.

My cello has a glorious wolf tone all up and down the G string--and what do you know it--the C string too.




No comments:

Post a Comment