Friday, April 30, 2010

Down shifting

After having an impossible amount of stuff to do in so little time over the course of about a month, I feel lost now I've got not my anxiety attacks to deal with. Today's six-hour-stent was the last leg of the insane crash cramming school work gig. 10 page lesson plan, 4 page observation study, 2 article reviews, and one 3 page long interview.

Just one acronym. ESOL.

Now I've got the whole unpacking shindig, I guess, but I'm so far from wanting anything to do with that right now.

So, Conan and I cooked dinner tonight, since we're sort of on our own this weekend. The corn and mashed potato part was pretty easy--but today, we got to work a charcoal grill for the first time. After about five false starts, we decided drenching the entire porch with lighter fluid and dropping a lit ball of newspaper from a garden rake while standing six feet away was a good idea (since the fifth try nearly singed off Conan's eyebrows). Well, we got it going, and we got the steak cooked. It wasn't too bad, if you got past the fact we could have marinated it in butane and got the same effect. I could probably fart and blow the house up. Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment